Birth control is eugenics.
If you want to have sex pay for your own damn birth control.
Hi! I noticed that you assume that all people go on birth control to just to have sex. While that can be the case, and is nothing to be ashamed of, I’d like to share a little story.
You see, before I went on birth control, I had terrible periods. They were incredibly heavy to the point where I’d need to change pads and tampons every 45 minutes to an hour in order to keep the blood from leaking onto my panties and other clothes. I also had issues with clotting, which made god awful cramps EVEN WORSE. There were occasions where I’d miss school for a couple of days at a time because the pain was THAT unbearable.
If it weren’t for birth control, I’d still be having those problems. It might not seem like a “big deal” to you, but periods can be and are disabling for some people. Your ignorance to the many uses of birth control only shows that you really haven’t thought too much on the issue outside of “paying for people to have sex.”
Now, that we’re on the subject of sex, let’s examine your “I don’t want to pay for you to have sex” comment. You see, you won’t be paying for ME to have sex. You see, I, like you would be paying the same insurance company to provide me with services that pertain to my health, birth control included. Now, you might not agree with that, but say I didn’t agree with drinking alcohol, a recreational activity that offers no benefits whatsoever to the body. Say your excessive drinking causes your liver to shrivel up and cease functioning. Would it be logical for me to demand that our mutual insurance company not cover your liver transplant, simply because I don’t agree with the action that caused you to seek the medical service? No, it wouldn’t. Because your life and your personal choices have no effect on me, and I don’t get to have a say in what medical services you, a stranger, can and can not have. You see, you’re not paying for MY sexual habits. I’M paying for my own. And in the same token that I can’t deny or try to deny you health care, YOU can’t do the same for me.
See how that works?
Furthermore, do you not recognize the benefits of allowing people a health care service that will allow them to control if and when they have kids? Taking away from your obvious moral convictions against recreational sex, the benefits to being able to put off parenthood are virtually limitless. People who are mentally or emotionally not ready for kids can wait until the time they choose to begin procreation. People who want to begin a career to have a stable home FOR their kids can put off parenthood until they have a steady job. People who, to put it bluntly, simply don’t like or want kids won’t be saddled with a burden they will not take care of properly, and this can help control the number of children being placed into the foster care system. Logically speaking, this is not only a benefit for individuals, but for society as a whole. As your preoccupation with other people’s sex lives has clouded your ability to think critically and see these benefits.
And, before we get into the “if you don’t want kids, don’t have sex” bit, do you not realize how unnatural your request is? Yes, people can go without sex, if they so choose. But saying that those who don’t want kids, or who want to put off having kids should completely ignore their sexual urges and forget that we can be and are sexual beings is incredibly preposterous. Not to mention you’re projecting YOUR personal feelings about sex onto other people and expecting them to adhere to it. Quite frankly, the obsessive people like you have with what goes on with other’s genitals is disturbing. Perhaps you should see someone for that?
And lastly, to the original poster, CK: though modern birth control is, essentially, the child of modern eugenics, you do realize that birth control as used now is not a part of eugenics? You also realize that birth control methods have been used long before the modern eugenics movement, and therefore eugenics is more a part of birth control history, rather than the entirety of birth control itself? I’d suggest you do some thorough research on eugenics, as well as forms o birth control and birth control’s history, before you decide to do another post on the subject without providing any facts or sources to back up your pathetic claims.
I would also like to ask you something: what is it about “free birth control” is it that disgusts you? Is it that people can now have safer sex with less fear of unwanted pregnancy? Perhaps it’s because you’re afraid of people having sex in general? Or is it more that you don’t like uterus owners having agency over their own bodies, something we are constantly denied? I would very much like to know, because I only see benefits from having free birth control, and from what I can tell, the things that “disgust” you about it are the things we should be celebrating.
Lovely chatting with you guys :)
If I could hug a post, it’d be this one.
I need to just write all these points down on a sticky pad so I can whip them out at any moment, since my memory is kind of fail, and there are just so many gems here.
- kailiia reblogged this from cosmicquestions
- cosmicquestions reblogged this from fuckyeahsexeducation
- lick-my-flaws reblogged this from fuckyeahawesomevulvas
- lick-my-flaws likes this
- ellzadeadhead likes this
- akirekatsu reblogged this from ilytalia
- fisticuffsafficionado reblogged this from ilytalia
- fisticuffsafficionado likes this
- kelli-with-an-n reblogged this from ilytalia
- donut-do-that reblogged this from g-razioso
- ttimberlake likes this
- youarethehopeinme reblogged this from part-time-jedi-full-time-sith
- part-time-jedi-full-time-sith reblogged this from d0nttouchlola
- loatheabledunce reblogged this from ilytalia
- keepsmiling-itgetsbetter reblogged this from g-razioso
- yeeahpenguins reblogged this from d0nttouchlola
- thetrickstersgoodboy reblogged this from g-razioso
- g-razioso reblogged this from d0nttouchlola
- g-razioso likes this
- kittylicklick79 reblogged this from d0nttouchlola
- yourheart-mysoul reblogged this from d0nttouchlola
- yourheart-mysoul likes this
- d0nttouchlola reblogged this from x-trung
- ramen-nasai reblogged this from x-trung
- quietrayn reblogged this from simbamane and added:
- c0nsumingnarc0tics reblogged this from wynaut
- skyforsense likes this
- wynaut reblogged this from littleoutlaw
- evil-alien-chickens reblogged this from stereks
- intheshadowoftherain likes this
- kaypnguyen likes this
- partyanimal likes this
- justapalebluedot reblogged this from unusual-cube
- unusual-cube reblogged this from fuckyeahsexeducation and added:
- furtherintowonderland reblogged this from ladypandacat
- beatavirgo reblogged this from aratheblawg
- newamerykahn reblogged this from blackbeatnik
- illusionarylunatic reblogged this from pyrenite and added:
- miss-meg1710 reblogged this from pyrenite
- katywilldo reblogged this from ghost-a
- jellycrown likes this
- mojo--pin reblogged this from blackbeatnik
- mojo--pin likes this
- noseinabook likes this
- blackbeatnik reblogged this from fleurdelanuit
- twicksterytwickster likes this
- fleurdelanuit reblogged this from reuniclus
- fleurdelanuit likes this